The Best Metal Garage Storage Cabinets For Your Garage Now
Looking for a serious garage upgrade? There’s nothing that makes a garage more functional and better looking than some metal garage storage cabinets. Metal cabinets stand up to anything you can hand them, making them a perfect garage storage solution.
Let’s face it, a HUGE part of having the best garage in the neighborhood is how organized it is. We all have the tools and gadgets, but if we can’t find them, guess what? They are useless.
Seriously, how many times have you bought something you couldn’t find when you needed it? … Only to find it a week later in a corner of the garage after you bought a new one?
Drives me NUTS!
Storage cabinets help you find what you need, when you need it. Choosing the best metal garage storage cabinets can make searching for that thing you need right now a thing of the past. That’s why in this article I have done the research for you and picked the best metal storage cabinets you can buy right now.
Things to consider when choosing a garage storage cabinet.
- Size: How much storage space do you need?
- Price: What’s the budget? There are many options, however in this article we will cover the top rated metal storage cabinets ranging from around $200 and up.
- Single or system?: There are module setups available that link together and can transform a wall into a storage oasis, or do you just need a single cabinet?
- What do you need to store?: If you need to store potentially dangerous products, i.e. gasoline, chemicals etc you may need a safety cabinet to contain these in a fire, or from children.
Let’s get started finding an awesome storage solution for your garage!
What are the best metal garage storage cabinets?
1. CJF Metal Storage Cabinet
Starting out our list of metal garage storage is the CJF cabinet. I like this all metal storage cabinet for a few reasons. Firstly is the sturdy design and the easy assembly, who wants to struggle putting a cabinet together? Secondly is the pegboard option allows you to hang tools easily on the inside of the doors, this makes an awesome place to hang keys, screwdrivers, and towels.
Let’s break down the CJF metal garage storage cabinet.
- Description: A solid metal cabinet that weighs in at 100 lbs, made from solid alloy steel. Available in two sizes 36” and 76” high. This cabinet is lockable and comes with hooks and rods for hanging items.
- Pros: Sturdy and heavy, lockable and each shelf holds up to 180 pounds.
- Cons: Not the cheapest cabinet on this list
The CJF cabinet is definitely a quality metal garage storage cabinet that can meet any homeowner’s needs. They look great, store a lot of stuff (heavy or light) and the price is pretty reasonable.
The CJF Metal Storage Cabinet overall size: 16″D x 32″W x 71″H
I like that this thing is 16” deep, which is a big factor when choosing garage storage. Sometimes things that look big have no depth and don’t store enough for the wall space they take up, this is not an issue here. The lock is secure and the cold rolled thick steel construction adds some security to this, not safe type but close.
2. Ulti-Mate 5-Piece Garage Cabinet Kit
Next on our list is a BEAST of a setup, if you are looking for a complete metal garage storage system this is it. I’m talking close to 83 inches wide, 21 inches deep, and 82 inches high kind of storage. The Ultimate is a 5 piece system that covers everything and anything you need to organize your garage.
Let’s break down the Ulti-Mate 5-Piece Garage Cabinet Kit.
- Description: A very large and good looking garage cabinet system made from tough engineered wood. Weighing in at 588 pounds this is a sturdy and secure garage storage solution.
- Pros: HUGE, you need to make sure your garage has the wall space for this thing! Easy assembly, plus I like the fact that it sits on legs instead of directly on the concrete which can cause issues in humid weather. This product is highly reviewed and comes with a 10 year warranty.
- Cons: Not many, may be too big for some garages.
Boasting an attractive graphite gray color and great looking handles, it’s hard to beat. This garage cabinet setup is the only one on the list that isn’t metal, however the quality and overall value made it a good option for this list.
Overall dimensions: Ulti-Mate UG22050G 5-Piece Garage Cabinet Kit 21″D x 82.7″W x 82″H
The Ulti-mate garage cabinet setup is sweet, if you have always dreamed of having THE ENTIRE back wall of your garage looking awesome (picture professional nascar garage) this is the cabinet set you want. It’s super heavy and sturdy, looks awesome, and can store a TON of stuff. With this there is no excuse to have a messy garage!
3. Homak 2 Door Wall Cabinet
Sometimes you just need a simple cabinet or two hanging on the wall. This is where the Homak 2 Door Wall Cabinet shines. Simple and straightforward, this all metal garage storage cabinet checks all the boxes if you need a simple one or two cabinets mounted up high on the wall.
Let’s break down the Homak 2 Door Wall Cabinet.
- Description: A simple two shelf all metal cabinet that hangs easily on the wall and is Affordable. with a powder coated finish, and locking doors.
- Pros: Affordable, easy to hang, and great looking. Plus the Homak name means quality.
- Cons: May not be enough storage for some garages unless a few are linked together.
Homak is a well known name in garages for good reason, founded in 1947 they originally built metal kitchen cabinets. Eventually Homak ventured into the garage space with high quality garage accessories and tools that have stood the test of time.
Who is this garage cabinet best for?
If you are looking for a high quality and sturdy cabinet that’s just a standard, easy to hang, high quality garage cabinet You can’t go wrong with Homak 2 Door metal garage cabinet.
|Product Dimensions||12″D x 26.75″W x 26.88″H|
The Homak 2 door cabinet is a perfect addition for your garage if you’re looking for an easier way to store tools and supplies in your garage at an affordable price. At this price point you can buy one or two and then add on as needed until you have your perfect garage storage setup.
4. Gladiator Gearbox ¾ Wall
Gladiator is a big name in the world of garage storage. These all metal storage cabinets come in many sizes and configurations. If you are like me this is an added bonus because it’s easy to build your own setup the way you want.
Let’s break down the Gladiator 3/4 gearbox.
- Description: A versatile and unique design. High quality and highly recommended.
- Pros: Electrical cord access in the back. Built well and easy to hang.
- Cons: Not many, just make sure you like the design and setup of this model before you buy.
Product dimensions: 12″D x 28″W x 28″H
The Gladiator gearbox line up is built to last and very adaptable, that’s why it’s on this list. Made from top quality steel and built to last, this top rated metal garage storage cabinet is a winner in my book.
Not the biggest for sure but some people just need a simple storage solution for the garage that’s easy to assemble and hang. This is a great cabinet for putting by the door into the house, you can stash your keys and everything you need to take to work in it the night before and have it ready to go, before you get in the car!
5. JINKUR Metal Storage Cabinet
Number 5 on our list is the perfect combination of having some separation in one cabinet unit. The JINKUR features an upper section with independent locking upper doors that makes a very cool separate place to store items that are used less, but you still need access to.
- Description: A tall and space saving metal garage storage cabinet that has a separate upper section for storage.
- Pros: Tall and secure.
- Cons: May be to tall, be sure to measure.
Product dimensions: 15.75″D x 31.5″W x 86.6″H
The upper locking cabinet is the real seller here, this cabinet is a real efficient solution for storage capacity and space, as well as overall value. It’s pretty deep as well. Great value here.
Why buy metal garage storage cabinets over other materials.
Metal garage storage cabinets offer a number of advantages over other types of storage solutions, such as wood or plastic, metal is metal!
The first big advantage is metal cabinets are extremely durable and long-lasting. They are designed to withstand harsh conditions of a garage environment, including temperature extremes, humidity, and exposure to chemicals and other crap that can cause damage to other types of materials. This makes metal cabinets over others a reliable and cost-effective way to store tools, equipment, and whatever else you need to in your garage.
Metal is also very secure, not many people are gonna grind the doors off to get your stuff! Many models come with locks to keeping your tools where they belong. This can give you peace of mind knowing that your tools and other items are protected, even when you are not around.
They come in a wide range of sizes and styles, you can find the perfect fit for your garage and your storage needs. Whether you need a small cabinet for hand tools or a larger unit to store power tools and equipment, there is a metal cabinet that can meet your needs, plus you can link many together and build a storage system!
Last but not least, metal garage storage cabinets are easy to clean and maintain. Unlike wood, which can warp or rot over time, metal cabinets are resistant to water damage and other types of wear and tear. They can be easily wiped down with a damp cloth or cleaned with a mild detergent, making them a convenient and hassle-free storage solution.
Overall, if you want a storage solution that is durable, secure, versatile, and easy to maintain, metal garage storage cabinets are the way to go, hands down. Whether you are a DIY enthusiast or a professional mechanic, these cabinets can help you stay organized and productive in your garage.
I hope this list of 5 metal garage storage cabinets helps you get your garage organized and ready to rock! Hopefully I’ve been helpful in your search for the perfect storage solution for your garage. Remember to measure out how much space you have and plan out the overall layout before committing to one or several of these metal garage cabinets.
Scoot is a Dad, ASE certified mechanic, and blogger. He has been in the automotive business for over 25 Years.